The church stables with timber-jointed corners and room for 200 horses were built in 1855 for use by people attending church. Today the stables house the local homestead museum
The old county road previously went across the stable site and on to the church via an arched bridge over Lyckeby River. This bridge was demolished in 1937. In 1948 the local homestead museum was set up and a massive effort was made to collect old tools and household utensils in the district. A long series of church and local history days was initiated the same year, and these events have become a beloved and unbroken tradition for people in the district and for outside visitors at Midsummer.